Is your Temple in Ruins? Does your body resemble a honky tonk instead of a Temple?
When I think about my body being my temple, I am often reminded of a song by Kenny Chesney called “Living in fast forward”.
“The body’s a temple, that’s what we’re told
I’ve treated this one like an old honky-tonk
Greasy cheeseburgers and cheap cigarettes
One day they’ll get me if they ain’t got me yet”
Lord knows I have abused, kicked, hit and punched my body in to submission more than I care to admit. I think of all the times that nothing short of the Glory of God saved me. All through my 20’s and 30’s, I was like most women my age. I done a lot of things to keep my body in “shape”. Not eating well. Spending hours in the gym. Diet pills and “fad” diets. I was miserable more than pleased most days.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
I have indulged in:
1. Poor eating and diet habits.
2. Smoking and drinking.
4. Lack of exercise.
5. Lack of restful sleep
6.Scary diet fads and pills
If you are treating your body like a rotating door instead of the temple God made it, I have a few ideas for you:
- Get better sleep. Go to bed when your tired and turn off all distractions. Aim for good, solid sleep. Weather it be 5 hours or 9, REST.
- Got bad habits like drinking alcohol or smoking? QUIT! COLD TURKEY! Every day you indulge in a bad habit, it takes days off of your life expectancy.
- Cut the stress. Only do what needs to be done to get by. You were not created to be perfect, so quit trying to be.
- Clean up your eating habits. LORD! I could write a book right here. I have dieted, yoyo’d, starved, and abused my body with concerns about my weight. I don’t care how skinny or good I looked, I always wanted to look better. The sooner you accept yourself the way God made you, the easier your life will be. Besides, if we all looked the same, no one would get to see the unique beauty you are.
- Exercise. Keep your butt moving if only for a few minutes a day. Every little bit helps. If you think you are doing “enough”, get a fitness tracker and you will be amazed at how little you have moved through the day. Set your goals and REACH to achieve them.
Is your body the sanctuary God intended it to be or does it look more like a old building in ruins?
Positive Self Improvement